Bracknell AC operates a membership scheme for all athletes at the club. If you are interested in finding out more about club membership, or would like to join the waiting list, please read the following information or contact Kate Barnard at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Membership Fees for current members
Membership costs are reviewed annually by the club's Management Committee. The club’s membership year starts on April 1st and fees should be paid during April in order to attend training sessions and to complete in leagues and competitions during the year.*
The annual membership fee for 2017/18 will be: £180. This includes all training track fees (which are often excluded from other clubs membership fees) and includes most competition entry costs.
Athletes must also pay an affiliation fee to England Athletics (EA) of £14 in order to compete in competitions run by their organisation. This is not applicable for Under 11s.
The total payment required is therefore £194 or £180 for Under 11s..
Membership Fees for new members
New members are required to make the following payments:
- A first registration fee of £25. This registration fee includes the cost of a club vest. (NB this is a one off payment.)
- The annual Bracknell Athletic Club membership fee for 2017/18 is £180. This includes all training track fees (which are often excluded from other clubs’ membership fees) and includes most competition entry costs.
- An affiliation fee to England Athletics (EA) of £14 in order to compete in competitions run by their organisation. This is not applicable for Under 11s.
The total payment required is therefore £194 or £180 for Under 11s.
Special Family Membership Rates
To develop and encourage family participation where there is more than one U11 - U17 member from any family, the second member (and subsequent members) will pay 50% of the applicable U11 - U17 membership fee.
Where one or more parent/guardian is a member of the club and paying an U20, Senior or Veteran membership fee, other members of that family who qualify for U11 - U17 competition will be charged at 50% of that membership fee.
University Student Rate
To assist the retention of Members who are "away" at university, the membership fee for the duration of their "university time" will be charged at £1 per year. The £1 fee only applies to members who are studying at a college/university that is outside the Bracknell area and therefore are unable to train at the Bracknell track during college/university term time.
Joining Bracknell AC during the year
When a new member joins the Club after March 31st of any year the membership fee will be reduced by the number of months left in the year. Please see the following table for the monthly rates. (NB the first registration fee and England Athletics affiliation fee remain the same.)
Please make every effort to pay membership fees as soon as possible. If you or your child(ren) are not members, they are not covered by the club’s insurance and they may not be eligible to compete in many competitions if an Under 13 or older.
There are several ways in which you can arrange to pay:
- You can pay for membership using a credit/debit card. I am often at the track on training nights and will be available to receive membership forms and card payments in the Clubhouse. This is the easiest and most efficient way for the club to receive payments, so if you are able to pay using this method, it would be very helpful!
- Alternatively, you can pay fees directly into the Club’s bank account. Please contact Rachel Roberts email@example.com for the bank account details
- Finally, you can pay by cheque (made payable to ‘Bracknell Athletic Club’) or by cash.
If you feel financial hardship is a barrier to you applying for membership, please contact me as soon as possible. Any information will be treated confidentially and special arrangements regarding payment can be discussed.
*The Management Committee reserves the right to charge interest on unpaid membership fees. Interest will be charged at a rate of 1% per month. Where membership fees are paid by cheque and the cheque fails to clear, the Club will charge the member the bank charges incurred by the Club.